Friday 26 June 2009

Hungry House Sparrow,

Sitting in the garden a few nights ago after a nasty bout of a sickness bug I was visited by a load of hungry House Sparrows. There was a lovely family group and after a few photo's I managed to get a decent shot using my new lens. Blackbirds and Starling soon descended to spoil the party.



Mike and I popped over to Cresswell last night and spotted the Goosander that has been seen a for a few days and a tick for me. Redshanks, Lapwing, Heron, Shelduck, Cormorant and Black Headed gulls were all seen on the pond. To my surprise I counted 14 Curlew on or about the pond which was nice to see. I did have a bit of a dilemna as the light was fading I spotted what looked like Teal, has anyone seen Teal at Cresswell this week?, there was 4 or 5. I did manage to get this cracking shot of the Curlew which I am very pleased with, as you can see the light wasn't very good.

Mike, me and lesser spotted teenager are all kitted up and packed for the Farne Islands full day boat and Island tour tomorrow so I am really excited. One of my missions is to see Puffins so with some luck I will get some nice photo's.
Watch this space......

No comments:

Post a Comment