Thursday 19 February 2009

Washington Wildfowl Park


Enjoyed wandering around the park with my husband and daughter but was in my element when we were sitting in the Woodland hides dotted around the walks. Sightings included;

Robin, Blue Tit, Bullfinch, Chaffinch, Dunnock, Great Tit, Coal Tit and Greenfinch. To my delight I saw my first Long Tailed Tit which is a tick in my book.

From the river hides sightings included;

Grey Herrons nesting and collecting twigs, Shelduck, Teal, Mallard and Oystercatcher. There was a heated debate going on between my self and my daughter as she insists she saw some Bar-Tailed Godwit in the shallows feeding but I think they were Redshank, as we are both extremely new to this I am unsure of what we saw but enjoyed the battle trying to identify the birds.




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete