Saturday 8 January 2011

Seaside Sanderlings

This morning on the way to Morpeth for my weekly scone trip to Marks and Spencers (highly recommended) a huge Buzzard landed on the fence just in front of the car, pitty I didn't have the camera with me as it was really close by and quite some size with all the feather marking clearly visable and quite stunning.
Later in the day hubby and I popped down to chilly Blyth Harbour to be met by some Mute Swans looking for something to eat. Redshank and Oystercatchers were in large numbers on the Cambois side of the harbour and a group of 6 Eider ducks 3 females and 3 immature males swam by.
We later headed to Blyth beach for a quick walk along the shore and spotted a few Sanderlings at the tide line despite the number of dog walkers disturbing the peace they hung around for quite a while. At least 20 Cormorants passed by and landed just inside the harbour mouth and started to fish, which was quite fascinating to watch. Loads of Gulls were here and there and I spotted at least 3 Black Backed Gulls amongst the Black Headed variety. With my cheeks starting to freeze and Marks and Spencers scone calling me to go home we headed off home after a canny trip to the seaside.

1 comment:

  1. You have a nice blog! I would love to follow up:)

    Kah Wai
    http://kwbirding.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete