Thursday 23 December 2010

Rare Garden Delight

With the snow really thick in our garden plenty of seed and apples have been put out daily to help our feathered friends.
To my astonishment and a garden tick some Reed Buntings popped in for lunch. I have never seen Reed Buntings in the garden before and they stayed quite a while. The resident Black Birds didn't quite know what to make of these strange visitors and let them have their fill of Christmas goodies.

Other birds hanging around for lunch this week have been Robin, Coal Tit, Dunnock, Sparrow, Starling, Song Thrush, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Wren and of course Black Birds.
The Buntings definately put a smile on my face today. I normally catch sight of them at Cresswell so a real delight to have them come to me for a change.
Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment