Thursday 26 November 2009

Unexpected visitor

At work yesterday (School) I was chatting to a colleague when a flash darted infront of the window and landed on the grass right outside. I totally blanked out what she was saying and literally pushed past her and SHOUTED BIRD . At this point she thought I had lost my marbles but joined me to see who the visitor was. To my delight a Pied Wagtail was quite happily sitting looking up at the window, rather smug as if to say 'Look at me'. I was just telling my friend what it was when a Grey Wagtail joined our little get together. at first I thought it was a Yellow Wagtail but after consulting my bird book today realised it was more than likely a Grey and they surely made my day. They didn't stay long but never the less it was a lovely suprise in a busy school quadrangle.

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    I know exactly what you mean. I popped down to St. Marys yesterday to view the Water Pipit again and along came a Grey Wagtail. Literally two minutes later a pair of Pied Wagtails also made an appearance. After what seems to have been a bit of a lack of birds recently they more than brightened up the day. It doesn't have to be a Mega. After a tour of the area and on the way back to the car i briefly walked over to the Pitch and Putt, here were the two Pieds bathing in a small puddle by the 14th tee, AND the sun was shining.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you John, a beautiful bird simply brightens the day
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete